26 March 2010

Onowhatnow?

So I worked up some nerve and I emailed the school English language, linguistics, humanities, and a million other things librarian about my problem. Basically it said blah blah Oxford wall blah can you point me at some specific databases because I am lost blah blah.

His response was roughly 4.6 million times better than I expected:
I could locate nothing specifically on the origins of your name in either the MLA Bibliography or the LLBA (the Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts), but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.  If you wish to continue in these two databases, they use the term "onomastics" for research into the history of names.
Two sentences, three useful things and... he tried to actively help me research?? He also gave me some advice on how to go about searching for books in the library on names. I love libraries and I love school.

No comments:

Post a Comment